Skip to main content

Ariana Grande Opened Up About Her Sexuality And The Internet Is Basically In Meltdown


Ariana Grande released a new song called "Monopoly" this afternoon with close friend, collaborator, and fellow artist Victoria Monét. After the song dropped, the Thank U, Next singer explained on Twitter that the surprise track is dedicated "to friendship, freedom, protecting your energy and staying right in your bag."



Monét gave a similar note, calling the track "a thank you to them fans" and described it as "good vibes and celebrations of life and friendship." 
Fans also wondered if Grande came out as bisexual on the song, since she and Monét both sing "I like women and men" in the chorus. The singer hasn't publicly commented on the lyric, but Monét has previously discussed her sexuality on social media by saying she also likes girls. It's unclear whether the line only applies to her or both her and Grande.

I want everyone to know that I’m single (since people wanna pretend I’m not) and make imaginary rules for me. I secretly and respectfully went through a difficult break up this summer but enough is enough. I also like girls. Thank U, Next. Bye ✌🏾



After coming out, this thanksgiving coulda went waaaay left!! But she love meeeee how I am and I ’m so happy 🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂





Regardless, the track is another bop from the pop powerhouse and one of her right-hand writers. Read all of the lyrics to "Monopoly" below:
Yeah
I've been on the road, where you been?
Real protective with my soul, where you been?
Is your GPS even on, where you been?
Matter of fact, I don't even care where you been
Bad vibes, get off of me
Outta here with that fuckery
Treat my goals like property
Collect them like Monopoly
I probably won't come if there's not a fee
And if they try come stoppin' me
I swerve both ways, dichotomy
I like women and men (Yeah)
Work so fuckin' much, need a twinny, twin, twin
How you hit the club and you barely got in?
Then we hit the bank, making them investments for the win, oh
Said, I been on the road, where you been? (Where you been?)
Real protective with my soul, where you been? (Where you been?)
Is your GPS even on, where you been? (Where you been?)
Matter of fact, I don't even care where you been
Bad vibes, get off of me
Outta here with that fuckery
Treat my goals like property
Collect them like Monopoly
I probably won't come if there's not a fee
And if they try come stoppin' me
I show them my discography (Yeah, yeah)
I like women and men (Yeah)
Work so fuckin' much, need a twinny, twin, twin (Hey)
You'd be straight for life if I gave you my PIN (Yeah)
Even though we gave up that 90% for the win, go
I've been on the road, where you been? (Where you been?)
Real protective with my soul, where you been? (Where you been?)
Is your GPS even on, where you been? (Where you been?)
Matter of fact, I don't even care where you been
Yeah, hell no
I don't even care where you been (Oh, yeah)
Hell no (Oh, yeah)
Said I don't even care
Remember when we made a fuckin' album off that Clicquot? (Ooh)
I never track my vocals, so shout out to Eric Vetro (I love Eric Vetro, man)
This been buildin' up, I guess this friendship like Home Depot (Ooh)
I'm so thankful working with my best friend, she the chico
She the chico (Yeah)
Where you at? Where you been? (Oh yeah)
Where you been? Where you at, ho? Hey (Where you been?)
Where you at? Where you been, ho? Hey (Mmm, yeah)
I don't care where you been, ho (Been)
Where you been, Cletus?
Yeah, who? (What?) Clevis?
Who the fuck is Cletus?
It's from, um
Cletus? Girl
Nutty Fropessor
We have to wrap, 5, 6, 7, 8
Yeah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLIGHT FACILITIES (Hugo) b2b TOUCH SENSITIVE in The Lab

#Deep_house #HouseMusic #HouseGrooves #Melodic #Electronic #djset #FlightFacilities #TouchSensitive An immaculate selection of disco and killer house grooves by Hugo (Flight Facilities) and Touch Sensitive. website: http://www.flightfacilities.com Youtube http://smarturl.it/SubscribeFF Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/flightfacilities Twitter: http://twitter.com/flightfac Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/flightfacilities Instagram: http://instagram.com/flightfac

Homecoming: A Film By Beyoncé | Official Trailer | Netflix

#Beyoncé, #Coachella, #Homecoming, #Netflix, This intimate, in-depth look at Beyoncé's celebrated 2018 Coachella performance reveals the emotional road from creative concept to a cultural movement. Premiering April 17. Only on Netflix. Published on Apr 8, 2019

Kate Bush, The Dreaming : A Pitchfork Review

#KateBush # WutheringHeights # Lionheart # NeverforEver #TheDreaming In 1982, Kate Bush’s daring and dense fourth album marked her transformation into a fearless experimental artist who was legible, audibly very queer, and very obviously in love with pop music. In 1978, Kate Bush first hit the UK pop charts with “Wuthering Heights” off her romantic, ambitious progressive pop debut The Kick Inside. That same year, her more confident, somewhat disappointing follow-up Lionheart and 1980’s Never for Ever had a grip of charting singles that further grew her UK success without achieving mega-stardom—she barely cracked into American college rock. What is truly amazing between the first chapter of her career and the new one that began with 1982’s The Dreaming is how consistently Bush avoided the musical world around her, preferring to hone and blend her literary, film, and musical inspirations (Elton John, David Bowie, and Pink Floyd) into the idiosyncratic perfection that was 1985’s Ho